The Systems Engineer of Universidad del Magdalena stands out for its ability to work interdisciplinary, develop, adopt, manage and evaluate information technologies to contribute to the solution of environmental problems and organizational strengthening. In addition, he stands out for being a professional with technical, scientific and critical thinking knowledge of the discipline's good practices, with creative and innovative capacity that allows him to participate and lead different types of IT projects and initiatives with high standards of quality, ethics, social responsibility and respect for difference.
The Systems Engineer of the Universidad del Magdalena can perform as:
- Software developer: Person capable of participating in a group of research and development of computer systems, assuming the role of designer and developer of the computational component, in agreement with the other members of the group.
- Head of systems projects: Leader of a group of research and systems development, capable of identifying areas of application of systems and computing that are useful to fulfill the mission of the company. Additionally, administer the financial and human resources that allow to have successful projects; as well as to efficiently and effectively manage the relationships between the end users and the members of the research and development (R & D) group.
- Business Analyst: Function of business analyst, capable of looking for information technology solutions based on business problems or needs. Additionally, it serves as a bridge between users, end users and software developers. As well as the ultimate responsible for the development, testing, implementation and training of users of the systems generated.
- Administrator of computer services: Person responsible for the provision of computer or tele-computer services that serve as the basis for the work of an organization. It is capable not only of keeping the infrastructure required for this in operation, but also of coordinating an adequate maintenance and renovation of equipment and basic computer systems.
- Systems Director: Person in charge of the administration of the computer services of an organization, as well as the technological and human infrastructure that make them possible. He leads the identification of computer opportunities for the fulfillment of the corporate mission and for the increase of its efficiency. He is a manager of computer services able to articulate these with the other resources of the organization.
- Consultant: Expert in a computer work area that is able to advise other people or organizations in the identification of computer opportunities for the solution of problems in their field of specialty, in the identification and evaluation of alternatives, in orientation and personal training, as well as in the start-up and follow-up of the applicable courses of action.
- Professor / Researcher: Person with an academic vocation, interested in the development of systems and computing (or one of its dimensions) as an area of ??knowledge and application. Committed to the development of human resources and knowledge, as well as the dissemination of this and its application to various fields of human activity.